Savvy Social Security Planning [10/22]
Social Security can be far more complicated than people realize. The decisions your clients make now can have tremendous impact on the total amount of benefits they receive over their lifetime.
This one-hour workshop will acquaint CPAs and attorneys with rules and strategies for claiming Social Security benefits. An emphasis will be placed on coordinating the various types of benefits (retirement, spousal, and survivor) in order to maximize benefits over a client’s lifetime.
After completing this course, you will know:
- How Social Security benefits are calculated
- Factors clients need to consider when deciding when to apply for benefits
- Illustrations of lifetime income streams based on claiming ages and breakeven analyses
- How widows and widowers can coordinate survivor benefits with their own retirement benefit to maximize income
- Ways to minimize taxes on Social Security benefits
- How to coordinate Social Security with other sources of retirement income